Sunday, November 06, 2005

Hasn't hit me yet

Sitting at my buddy John's place in England and reality still hasn't sunk in. Things are all very familiar still and it's easy for my mind to maintain the illusion that this is routine. Not sure when that will pass, but probably sometime between now and when I lay eyes on Kilimanjaro.

As most of you know, I've managed to wrangle a respite from the rat race. I'll be spending the next month in Africa, touring around Tanzania, Kenya, and Uganda. As I've done in the past, I'll take the opportunity to fill your inbox with unsolicited rambling. But there's a twist this time. I've decided to step out of the 90's and make myself a blog. It can be found at http://unsolicitedrambling.blogspot.com. Feel free to e-mail me back here, but I thought I'd experiment and see how this goes. The blog looked really pathetic when I first started, so I posted a bunch of old e-mails from past trips so that it doesn't look so lonely.

Take care,

Justin

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Comments? I'll fix that!

Hey do you remember that show Almost Live? Hahaha man that show cracked me up.

Hahaha wait... I just remembered I left my bike in Kajiki.

4:10 AM  
Blogger gwilli said...

almost live was funny. mind your manners with billy kwan? good stuff.

say hi to africa for me justin!

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Curious about what you ended up deciding on the camera situation...and hoping to see some of your shots posted here too =-)

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! I wasn't aware of this latest adventure... but glad you've set up the blog page to keep those of us still shackled to the rat race updated.

Do you have any specific tunes on your iPod planned for this one?

7:25 AM  
Blogger Justin Callison said...

The camera was a gong show. I ended up buying the same body from Leo's on Granville about 4 hours before my flight. Bringing the other one back. This one seems to be working alright though.

Sean, no iPod on this trip. Just another thing for me to get stolen ... :-)

7:53 AM  
Blogger gwilli said...

that's great that you got the camera replaced!

now you have an on camera flash! yay!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home